The Israeli military is on high alert after the US and Iran have threatened each other to resume war.
This was stated by the Israeli army chief, Eyal Zamir, on Wednesday.
- Right now, the IDF (military, ed.) is on high alert and prepared for any development, Zamir said in a statement from the military.
US President Donald Trump reiterated on Wednesday that either Iran must sign a deal or the US will "finish the job".
- Everything is gone. Their navy is gone. Their air force is gone. Pretty much everything. The only question is, are we going to go in and finish the job? Do they sign a document? Let's see what happens, the president said, according to Reuters.
Earlier on Wednesday, Iran's Revolutionary Guards warned that the war would spread to the region if the US and Israel resumed their attacks.
Iran's chief negotiator, Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, warned on Wednesday that the US was preparing to resume the war.
- The enemy's movements, both overt and covert, show that despite economic and political pressure, it has not given up on its military goals. It is trying to start a new war, Ghalibaf said.
A temporary ceasefire between the parties has been in effect since April 8.
/ritzau/AFP